One Step forward for the ASP.NET MVC Framework, which is by far the
best layered, model oriented and structured Framework Microsoft offered till today for web development.
The new framework is now out there for VS2008 SP1 and between the different versions there are some features that will appear later on, you can check out the MVC Futures DLLs that will ship through Codeplex site.
The new version includes :
- Areas Support
- DataAnnotation validation Support
- Strongly Typed UI Helpers
- UI Helper Templating Support
- Biding Binary Data
- Default Parameter Values
- HttpPost Attribute (without the AcceptVerbs)
Features that are planned on Preview 2 are :
- Client Validation
- Strongly typed input helpers
- Strongly typed link helpers
- Async Controller Actions
- More on Areas feature presented on Preview 1
- More API Improvements
And some more features and goodies that I’ll post about shortly.
In the meanwhile you can read the great post of Scott Guthrie here.
Have Fun !
You can download the new version here.